Since 1863, the Historic Mooresville Depot has been the cornerstone on which the Town of Mooresville was built. It brought commerce to the region which led to people moving into the area.
The Depot took a new role in 1973 when the Town of Mooresville leased the building to the Mooresville Artist Guild who converte part of the building to a VIsual Arts CEnter, thus becoming the cornerstone of art culture for the tegion.
Over the years the Depot has served Mooresville Arts and the community well, even though more then 2/3rds of the building remains without heat and air conditioning. The art activity has grown, as has the membership. This growth has placed several challenes on the Depot, which was placed on the National Register for Historic Places by the United States Department of Interior in 2009. Our growing educational programs, workshops and national, regional and local exhibits reflect the fact that we are the only Visual Arts Center between Charlotte and Hickory, NC.
"Rooted in the Past. . . Committed to the Future"