Rachel Lee is a North Carolina native, maintaining a working studio, Wild Hare Studio, in rural Rowan Co. Her original art, both representational and conceptual, is displayed in corporate and private collections in Ireland, England and the USA. As a plein air and studio painter Rachel’s subjects encompass landscapes, architecture, the figure, nature, and animals, with her own unique perspective as her trademark.
“Oil paint is the medium I enjoy working with most of all. The buttery feel of the paint, the canvas fabric, the vivid colors, and even the smell of the medium urges me to create. I have had brief affairs with many other mediums but I am married to oils!Every one of my paintings have a story and they are created to be more than just a prettypicture.”
Rachel was born to a family who recognized her artistic talents early on and she has trained with many inspiring teachers. Even so, Rachel has come to recognize the natural world as her best teacher. She is aware of the value of working on location, and from life itself, which has enriched her fine art.
“I always enjoy the challenge of different subjects and locations. As an artist I feel I am free to choose how and what will express my interpretation of the subject and tell it’s story. To create art in any other way is boring and restrictive to my artistic spirit. I continually seek to create art which will nourish, heal and bless my own soul, as well as that of the viewer.”
Visit Rachels Etsy Store: www.etsy.com/shop/RachelLeeArt
Also visit: PleinAirCarolina.com
- Adare Friary Ruin III. 12x18, oil 5 Adare Friary Ruin III. 12x18, oil 5
- Kilmal Lock Sentinel. 9x12 oil. Kilmal Lock Sentinel. 9x12 oil.
- Labdasheeda Quay - Left Side. 9x6.25. &45 Labdasheeda Quay - Left Side. 9x6.25. &45
- Skip's Eye. 1.5x11.5 pastel. 0 Skip's Eye. 1.5x11.5 pastel. 0
- Sunflower V.2. 6x8 oil. Sunflower V.2. 6x8 oil.
- Yadkin Spillway. 11x7 oil. Yadkin Spillway. 11x7 oil.